Monday, October 12, 2009

Time Marches On...

It has been more than 8 weeks since my angel earned his wings. I guess/think I am doing okay. I think about my son everyday, many times a day, sometimes with such joy, sometimes with saddness, and sometimes with a feeling of injustice. I know that is normal. Although I still sometimes feel as if my life is surreal, I also know that I am getting one day closer everyday to what my form of acceptance will be. Right now I don't know that I will ever truly accept what happened only because of the injustice of it all. I know that I will come to terms with what "my plan" is from God, but right now still a bit angry. I may have mentioned before that a friend told me blogging could be very theraputic. I would have to agree. My son will be remembered forever, and this is one outlet for me to use to disuss one of the most important people in my life.

Positive Things in my life:

We are in the middle of moving... that part is not pleasant, but I am so excited!! We are building a house in Clarksville, TN and I will FINALLY have all of my possessions in one house. It has only been 3 years... I am very excited to start something new and have many things to look forward to. Our home will be 1800 sq. ft, my dog finally gets a backyard, and we will have enough room to have many friends and family come and visit. One thing I know for sure is how much I depend on my friends and family. With out them, I would be lost, and I am so very blessed.

My husband and I are happier in our marriage than we have ever been, and I know this is due to Jonathan. I was not granted the gift of life of my son, but I was granted the gift of communication and appriciation with my husband. I was granted the gift of priorities and more love from my support system than I thought imaginable. So many people have done so many very incredible things for us, and I am more grateful than ever to have "my people".

I will check in again soon. It is all a process, and I thank anyone and everyone for reading this...

All my love...

3 comments:

  1. HI. I lost my son, Maxton, to CDH in March. We lived in Nashville, TN at the time. We now live in KY. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know I will be thinking of you. Maxton made my husband and I's relationship strogner as well. Good luck on the move. Our has been stressful, but a good thing.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, your strength that both you and Greg have to continue with such positive spirits make me think twice when I have a "bad day." I love you so much and think of Jonathan often, every Friday actually. I heard this song on the radio the other night, Greg actually called me right after I heard it. The song is He Is With You, by Mandisa...

    He is with you when your faith is dead
    And you can't even get out of bed
    Or your husband doesn't kiss you anymore
    He is with you when your baby's gone
    And your house is still,
    And your hearts a stone
    Cryin' God, what'd You do that for
    He is with you

    There's a time for yes
    And a time for no
    There's a time to be angry
    And a time to let it go
    There is a time to run
    And a time to face it
    There is love to see you
    Through all of this

    He is with you in the conference room
    When the world is coming down on you
    And your wife and kids don't know you anymore
    He is with you in the ICU
    When the doctors don't know what to do
    And it scares you to the core
    He is with you

    We may weep for a time
    But joy will come in the morning
    The morning light

    He is with you when your kids are grown
    When there's too much space
    And you feel alone
    And you're worried if you
    got it right or wrong
    Yes He is with you
    when you've given up on ever finding your true love
    Someone who feels like home
    He is with you

    When nothing else is left
    And you take your final breath
    He is with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and your family. Best wishes for a smooth transition to TN for all of you. Many continued prayers for you and your family.

    Much love to you,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete