Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Progression of Things...

So, today was the day that I had to say goodbye to my daughter and send her with my husband back to GA. to stay while he is finishing his training. We did this because of the possibility of bed rest for me, a chance for Sam and Daddy to have some much needed one on one before the baby, and so I can have a chance to focus on myself. That is really a new concept for me. I try to take care of myself, but the idea of sending Sam was very hard for me, and although I have come to terms with our decision a bit more, it still is making my heart feel as though it might come out of my chest. My mom and I discuss about how this is the progression of things, and how we knew that this was coming, and now we are ready for the next portion; our son being born. It is funny in life how you know things are approaching, but you don't really want to think about them, and how hard they are going to be. I suppose that is why it is progression....

Our friends came with Greg to get Sam, the one's that they will be staying with, and I think it was a way for God to tell me to relax. Alex I have known, but his wife and children I had not. As I told my mom, I don't think I could have asked for anyone better to help me by watching Sam than Miriam. She truly is a blessing to me. I feel much more comfortable now that I have met her. The children all get along really well, and I know that Samantha will be loved and comforted during her portion of this long journey. I of course cried like crazy, but my angel just stroked my face telling me, "It will be okay, don't cry Mommy." Although she does not understand fully what "going to work with Daddy" means, she is so sweet and loving, and I know that I will come to appriciate her more than I do now. I keep telling myself this is all part of God's plan, and that everything is going to work out as it should. It always does.

So, thank God for our friends and family, with out them, I don't know where we would be. Now it is time for me to rest, and reflect upon the time that is so quickly approaching. The next leg of this marathon is in about 4 weeks. I should rest up... haha. I am going to the hospital tomorrow for my "Spa Day" where we will be repeating all of the tests; MRI, ECHO, Ultrasound and then a consultation once again, SO, I will let everyone know how that goes afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad to hear that you got to meet Miriam. I know this will make you feel much more at ease with the whole situation. I started laughing when I read what Sam had said to you before she left. You are so blessed to have such an understanding daughter. You might want to look back at this blog when she turns 15 because she might not be so understanding then. But enjoy it while it last. I really hope Greg enjoys his time with her. I wish I could get away and go see them. I miss seeing you and the family everyday like when we were in Hawaii. I love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete