Monday, August 3, 2009

Today is not that day...

Today was the day that I spent the entire day at Children's in Cincy in order to repeat tests, and get a more conclusive answer about the severity of my son's condition. My husband and I are now facing the hardest decisions of our lives due to the conclusions of the tests, and right now I am only in a place where I can say that the findings are devestating. Very long and very complicated story short: My son barely has a right lung, and his left lung is non-existant. The percentages are practically not existant, and the risks are unbelievable. I am going to pray on this information and soul search unlike I have ever had to do before in order to come to terms with decisions that must be made. I ask that my friends and family only pray that God guides my family to a decision that will grant us all peace and allow for my son not to suffer. When I am ready, I will post more, but today is not that day.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry to hear about the news you got yesterday. It makes me so sad and I can't even imagine what you guys are feeling. You are all still in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((HUGS))) Tiffany. I wish I could take your pain away and I know there are no words to comfort you. Praying for you and your family during this time and that you will receive peace and comfort in your decision. If you do want more info. on the EXIT TO ECMO, Jeanie, posted a message on CHERUBS that she could put you in touch with families that have undergone this procedure there in Cinci. She is listed as a friend on my facebook too (wonderful woman and mom to a son born with CDH)...I can send you a friend suggestion, if you want to talk to her. Much love to you and your family. Tracy

    ReplyDelete